Resources related to Lifestyle Medicine coming soon!
Recipe Corner with Dr. Grace!
Cream of asparagus Soup
Ingredients:1 lb - Fresh Asparagus1 cup - Chicken Stock4 - Shitake Mushrooms (or Mushrooms of choice)1 cup - Fresh Cream
1. Scald fresh asparagus in boiling water, making sure the water just covers the asparagus - DO NOT THROW AWAY THE WATER
2. Puree asparagus in a blender using the water from the scalding process
3. Bring chicken stock to boil
4. Add pureed asparagus to stock
5. Chop shitake mushrooms and add to stock. Stir well
6. Add fresh cream. Bring to slow boil
7. Salt to taste